The annual commencement ceremony for Piedmont International University is held the first week of May. All students who have successfully completed graduation requirements before the prescribed deadlines and have applied for graduation are strongly encouraged to participate in this honorable occasion.
Students participating in the commencement ceremony are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy special events available to our graduates and their families. Discounted rates are available at local hotels for PIU guests.
- Tour campus and say hello to faculty
- Purchase Bruins Gear in The Den
- Register with the Alumni Office
- Explore Winston-Salem
All graduates participating in the commencement ceremony are required to attend rehearsal. Students will learn their seating positions and their responsibilities for the ceremony. Doctoral regalia will be distributed immediately following rehearsal in the Salem Baptist Church fellowship hall. Honor cords will be distributed during the rehearsal time.
Rehearsal is a great time for family members to explore Old Salem, located a few blocks from the PIU campus.
- Rehearsal Sign-In: 1:30 PM – 1:55 PM, Salem Baptist Church (located across the street from PIU)
- Rehearsal: 2:00 PM
- Doctoral Regalia distribution: immediately following rehearsal
- Childcare: None provided
- Wheelchair accessibility: Main entrance
All graduates must have successfully completed graduation requirements before the prescribed program deadlines to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Friday, May 1, 2020, 7:00 PM, Sanctuary of Salem Baptist Church
- Foyer opens at 5:45 PM, Sanctuary opens at 6:00 PM
- Graduates must sign-in by 6:15 PM in the Salem Baptist Church fellowship hall.
- Business casual attire
- No ticket is required to enter the commencement ceremony. Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
Each graduate will receive a diploma cover as part of the commencement ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to the primary address associated with the graduation application six weeks after the ceremony. Address updates should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.